- L. Robert (Bob) Slevc, Ph.D.
- Office: BPS 1147E
- Phone: (301) 405-5835
- Email: slevc [at] umd.edu
Bob Slevc is an Associate Professor and Director of Graduate Studies in the Department of Psychology, part of the Neuroscience and Cognitive Science program and of the Maryland Language Science Center. He received his Ph.D. at the University of California, San Diego and was a postdoctoral scholar at Rice University before coming to U. Maryland.
- Mattson Ogg, Ph.D.
Mattson Ogg completed his Ph.D. in Neuroscience and Cognitive Science in April, 2019 (dissertation title: The acoustic factors that influence auditory object and event recognition over time). He is currently an audio/speech signal processing engineer at the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory.
- Brooke Okada, Ph.D.
Brooke Okada completed her Ph.D. in Psychology in August, 2018 (dissertation title: Toward a comprehensive model of musical ability). She is currently a data analyst at Sisco LABS.
- Alison Shell, Ph.D.
Alison Shell completed her Ph.D. in Psychology in October, 2018 (dissertation title: The what And where of control in bilingual language switching). She is currently a research fellow at Digital Promise.
- Shota Momma, Ph.D.
Shota Momma completed his Ph.D. in Linguistics in 2016. He was advised by Colin Phillips, but also spent a good chunk of time in the LMCL, so we'll take some credit. Shota is currently a postdoc in the Language Production Lab at UCSD and will soon be an assistant professor of Linguistics at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
Research Assistants (2018-19)
Current and recent collaborators
(an incomplete list ordered by approximate distance from the lab)
- 0.29 mi: Colin Phillips (Linguistics)
- 0.36 mi: Yasmeen Faroqi-Shah (Hearing and Speech Sciences)
- 0.36 mi: Rochelle Newman (Hearing and Speech Sciences)
- 0.36 mi: Jared Novick (Hearing and Speech Sciences)
- 1.4 mi: Jared Linck (Center for Advanced Study of Language)
- 7.5 mi: Sam Post (Levine School of Music)
- 29.2 mi: Leon Li (Johns Hopkins University)
- 236 mi: Ryan Simmons (Duke University)
- 314 mi: Chris Heffner (University of Connecticut)
- 384 mi: Angela Xiaoxue He (Boston College)
- 1,230 mi: Anthony Brandt (Shepherd School of Music, Rice University)
- 1,230 mi: Randi Martin (Rice University)
- 1,432 mi: David Sears (Texas Tech)
- 1,731 mi: Iva Ivanova (UTEP)
- 2,080 mi: Shota Momma (UCSD)
- 2,084 mi: Nick Davey (Washington State University)
- 2,286 mi: Martin Buschkuehl (MIND Research Institute)
- 2,290 mi: Susanne Jaeggi (University of California, Irvine)
- 2,438 mi: Jason Carl Rosenberg (Center for New Music)
- 4,162 mi: Richard Kunert (Rich Data; Berlin, Germany)
- 5,031 mi: Paulina Arango (Universidad de Los Andes, Chile)
- 9,779 mi: Tom Carlson (University of Sydney)
LMCL RA Alumni
Rafael Zuleta (honors)
Tiffany Bamdad (honors)
Leon Li (honors)
Nick Davey (honors)